How to Play Each Hole for a Better Score.
Hole # Description
- This Par 4 plays downhill, into the wind. Favor the left side of the fairway, and a good drive will leave you with a wedge in hand. OB down the right side of the hole.
- An open fairway off the tee on this Par 5, but be cautious on your second shot as the fairway narrows and is heavily bunkered.
- This Par 3 plays downhill and downwind. Choose your club carefully with the safe play being the middle of the green.
- Don’t hold back on this long, uphill Par 4. Second shot plays longer than you think.
- No more than a 230-yard shot from the gold tees puts you in the center of the fairway, and leaves you with a short approach. OB right side of cart path.
- Ideal tee shot is down the left side of the fairway. OB down the right side of the hole. Be careful on your approach as the greenside bunkers are perilous.
- Our most challenging Par 3. Hole plays longer than it appears. Use enough club to carry the false front.
- This is a risk/reward hole. An accurate drive will allow you a great opportunity for birdie. Carry the bunkers and it’s all fairway.
- #1 handicap on the course. This hole is an uphill march. Your target off the tee is the grass bunker on the right as the fairway tendency is from right to left. Take at least a club more from the fairway.
- All carry! This hole sets up well to the right center of the fairway. Don’t go left or short and you’re home free with a short approach.
- The ideal tee shot is left center on this uphill Par 4. Use enough club to approach the elevated green. Avoid missing the green on the right side.
- This three shot Par 5 makes you play conservative. Aim down the right side of the fairway off the tee, using no more than a fairway wood or long iron. Keep your second shot down the more forgiving left side. Do not enter the Environmental area at the base of the hill. OB left of the fence by the cart path.
- Fun, downhill Par 3. This hole’s yardage depends greatly on wind direction. Choose your club wisely. OB is left and behind the cart path.
- Blind tee shot. Favor the left side of the fairway. Your approach is one of the most scenic at Salt Creek.
- Rewarding Par 4 that requires accuracy over distance. A downhill shot towards the right center of the fairway sets up a short approach on a downhill lie to the hole. OB left of cart path.
- This is one of Salt Creek’s most spectacular holes, both from a scenic view and risk/reward opportunity.
- Slightly uphill Par 3, with potential for difficult wind conditions. OB left of cart path.
- Our finishing hole is a Par 5. The left side of the fairway offers the best opportunity for success.